Monday, July 7, 2008

Next leg of our trip!

Costa Rica is beautiful! We are now on our 2nd leg of our trip... and it is beautiful. Tabacon was amazing. We are now at the Marriott... very different feel... a very large scale resort. We can't wait to post pictures of the trip... we will post them when we return home. For now... let me catch you up on the trip so far.

Stephanie and Kevin said the waterfall was so awesome... but that I never would have made the hike. The stairs looked pretty steep... but the view looked worth it. Meanwhile... I was cozy in the hotel room watching Happy Gilmore... enjoying the view of the volcano... waiting for my cheeseburger and french fries to be delivered. The food presentation got my mouth watering... then... I opened the ketchup... not heinz. Ha Ha. For those of you who know me... I guess I should have packed my own bottle in my checked bag. Five minutes after my room service showed up... Kevin and Steph came back with burger king of all things. They found it in the next town over... and they brought yummier ketchup.

OK... now let me say... the rest of the day was really cool. We headed accross the street to the hot springs and spa... SOOOOO nice. At the base of the volcano there are several cascading pools... basically continual waterfalls... hot springs... that you just jump in... float in... drink in... Relax. I don't like it really hot... so the warm ones were my favorite.

"The Grande Spa"... by far the coolest... most luxurious thing any of us have ever done... EVER! It was an oasis I could never explain... too bad they don't allow cameras. Our jaws were on the ground from the moment we stepped in. It was the first spa I've been to that was inside and outside. It was open... cause why would you want to shut out the paradise. We were impressed with the locker rooms too. The lockers were solid wood... heated... so your robe was warmed when you put it on. Nice! Kevin and Steph got a 90 minute massage... and I got a 75 minute facial. They take you off into the jugle... to private wooden bugalows of your own. They ambiance was amazing much less the fact that they were treating you like royalty. We went in the early evening... and by the time it was over... we opened our eyes to a candle lit bungalow... now raining hard... listening to the fast rushing-steaming hot springs... wild birds... relaxing music... and hot robe. They let you finish off the experience with fresh squeesed juice and nap on the lounge chairs. While I napped... a nice tico tapped me on the shoulder... and brought me more warm towels and a hot neck wrap... too nice! Kevin came in... and about fell over... he really enjoyed the whole experience. He got some extra treatment... on the way into his bungalow... they set him in another chair and hand washed his feet before taking him in for his massage. They were really over the top... by far the nicest thing we will do for a long time... maybe even ever?

Saturday morning... "Sky trek tour"...SOOOO fun. Kevin is scared of heights... and I'm not so thrilled with it either... but we wanted to test our fears. Zip lining was awesome! It was a lot higher... and farther across than I imagined it would be. The first line we did was a 1/2 mile long... and SOOO high up! Kevin went before me... so I got an awesome video of him going across. I think there were a total of 10 lines that we went across. Can't wait to post some pics!

Sunday... Packed up and headed for Los Suenos Marriott... where we are now. The road was SOOOO curvy... and a little hairy in spots. Glad to be here. Tabacon had such a natural... jungle feel... heavy landscape... and continious animal sounds. Los Suenos is open... on the beach... large golf course... huge pool... kinda like a lazy river with turns... bridges... swim up bar... pool volley ball etc. It is nice getting two different feels.

Monday... This morning we woke up and went to this bridge where there are dozens of crocidiles. It is the first time we have seen crocadiles in the wild like that. We are use to alligators... but this was a site to see. I'm not sure if we were more scared of the cars wizzing passed us... or falling over the bridge railing into the muddy crocadile waters. We saw Iguanas today too. Some on the road by the crocadiles... and some at breakfast. We were peacefully eating our buffet outside on the porch... when a glass candle votive crashed to the ground right behind Kevin. An iguana was trying to sneak down for some of our food... and he knocked down the votive and blew his cover. He was pretty cute... we fed him papaya and took his picture.

Tonight we went to "the best place in costa rica for a sunset"... it really was nice. The view was amazing. I managed to drop Stephanie's earing out of my ear... down a cliff... and as we were retrieving it... Steph leaned up against a stone wall and got bit. We think it was an ant of some sort... but appearently it hurts pretty bad. It is swollen... burning... hurting... but... Kevin got her earing back. We are going to sleep now... will catch up later. Miss everybody lots... really missing our Megan!!!!! We are planning a rafting trip for all day Wednesday... should be fun.

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

Hey Kelly. Glad you are feeling better and enjoying your trip. Can't wait to see pictures!
-Katie