Friday, July 4, 2008

"Out of touch"

Hey everybody... it has been a big 2 weeks... lots happening. Just a quick note to say we miss everybody. Last Thursday we headed up to Lenoir, NC for my family reunion. It is every two years... and Megan's first. We had a great time... even though Megan had a TERRIBLE cold... gave it to both Kevin and I... and Kristin was unable to come due to emergency surgery. It was wonderful seing cousins... aunts and uncles. Following the reunion... Stephanie, Megan, and I went to my parents home in the mountains for a day and a half before our big trip. Olivia, Gregg, and Mom stayed longer. We rushed home... washed clothes... and are now on our big vacation in Costa Rica. I am in the hotel room typing this... while Stephanie, Kevin, and a friend are hiking up to a beautiful waterfall. Why????... well I feel terrible! My ears haven't popped in 3 days... and the pressure is making me soooo dizzy. This stinks... but... I have a Kiddie hamburger and frech fries coming for room service in 15 min... and I have a gorgeous view of a huge valcano out my sliding glass window. I gave Kevin a pep talk on taking lots of pictures for me. This afternoon we have spa appointments at the Grande Spa and hot springs... so if that doesn't help I don't know what will. We are missing Megan a lot... as we have never left her for even 24 hours... 10 days will seem like eternity. I can't wait to blog some pictures when I get home... I am anticipating the trip to improve greatly... as the first leg was rough getting here. Everybody else is having a large time... I guess I'm the only weirdo with flying/motion sickness problems. Kevin and Steph were getting a huge kick out of the road conditions. Needless to say... the 3 hour (extremely ever winding) road trip to the hotel set the stage for an upset tummy. The country is both what I expected in areas... and also very secluded as well. I feel like we are in the middle of nowhere... but it is very beautiful at the resort. Will update the last 2 weeks when we return... enjoy... hope all is well.

No comments: