Monday, February 1, 2010

Crazy Kids!

We've been getting a kick out of Megan and her 'comments' for a while now... Chris and Renae refer to them as 'Meganisms'.
Like: "R-You?" and "no... I-A do it myself"

Kevin came in our bedroom last night... laughing... and said "Megan isn't going to sleep for a long time"...

Kelly- "Why?"

Kevin- She's in there singing "Are you sleeping... Are you sleeping brother-veggies... brother veggies?" She went through everybody... brother ruger... brother gators... brother mommy... brother Megan... and eventually she was asleep.

Her usual bedtime ritual is... singing Go GATORS from her dark bedroom. "Come on Gator's... Get up and GO!"

I thought it was time I take the time to share some.

She Loves singing nursery rhymes... and lately... she combines a few together in one song... goof ball! Now I'm catching myself saying mixed up songs too.

She has been going nuts for 'Ring around the Rosie' for a long time... but the whole Are you sleeping thing has taken over.


We babysat Evan for the night... and all day today... (While Jen was out of town).
They were all over the place! (Especially in the jeep- but after Evan drove it into several trees... I made him an official passenger... and her the driver!)

"Why is it that girls are always safer drivers?"

Evan and Megan have had a pretty good day together. She and him really do have more of a brother / sister relationship... now that they are getting older. It's is funny and sad at the same time. I'm really noticing now... that she is a little GIRL... and he is VERY BOY!

Here are some of todays examples:

Playing with the train set
Megan- "hey... I need a man... we need a man in the train tunnel"

Evan- "NO... the wire is SHARP... IT's DANGEROUS... there's a DRAGON in there!"


Going to the bathroom
Evan- "Kelly... I need to go Pee Pee... I need to go Pee Pee with my ice cream cone"

Me- "OK... (holding him over the toilet)... "go ahead... go Pee Pee"

Evan- (holding his ice cream cone while in mid-air) "I need a tool"

Me- "no we don't need a tool to go to the bathroom..."

Evan- (without skipping a beat) "YES... sometimes we DO"

2 comments:

JK Williams said...

Love all the dialogs!

Whitlocks said...

I love toddler dialogue. I think listening to them on the monitor as they fall asleep or wake up is definitely the best. Glad Megan and Evan had a good day together even with their differences!
-Katie