Sunday, March 14, 2010

First attempt with the Dentist!

Big girls get new Belle toothbrushes!

The kids had to come to my staff meeting with me on Friday... and on the way... Megan kept asking about going to the Dentist. I said "no... we're just going to play"... and she kept asking about it. I intended on taking Daddy with us for her first trip (for behavior)... but she continued to ask... so I thought hey... timing is everything. Well... You'll see it started off well... and then she shut down. All in all... I feel it was a successful first start... but not a "real cleaning".



She got to sit in the Big Girl chair...and try on Mommy's purple exam gloves!



I was surprised to see her lay back for me... and we counted all of her teeth!
10 on top... 10 on bottom! Great job Megan!



Then came Mr. Slurpy... and the Squirt gun! ... and this is where our cleaning started coming to a close. I already had it in my head not to push it... we'll just get it next time.
She did laugh when she closed on the suction... and giggled with the air spraying her.


I started in with Mr. Tickles (the polisher)... and she pretty much sat right up. At least she got to see what it felt like... and heard the sounds and taste.


"No... I do Mommy's teeth"... "let me try Megan's first"... "No... Just Mommy's"
so... I got a bit of a cleaning myself.
I just chaulked it up to a try... and then moved on so she could try an exam.


... Waiting on Dr. McDonald.


... needless to say... she was a bit tight lipped... and didn't see many teeth... but better luck next time. We left on a happy note... and she promised to try again later.


Megan got her treasure chest surprise for sitting in the chair... but no "No Cavity Club Picture" until she sits for a full cleaning and Exam.


She said many times later that day...
"I'm a good brusher"
"Next time... I won't be too shy"
I hope she's right!

No comments: