Friday, April 23, 2010

"Our Busy April!"

"Take me out to the ball game... "
Well... if that ain't cute... I don't know what is.
I made Chris and Kevin baseball jerseys for a father's day present last year before the boys were born.

Last week... we remembered we had forgotten about the uniforms... and hurried to get pictures while they were small enough to wear em.


Kevin loves baseball... and hopes Megan and Jake learn to love it too.


"Here Jake... I'll show you how to do it!"



Jacob- "Ok... so how do we play catch again?"

Megan- "For starters you have to learn how to stand up...
then it would help if you could run... my aim isn't that good"



Jacob- "I know she's talking... but I don't understand a word she's sayin'"
"I think I'll just chew on this glove a while"



Eric- "Come on... we can figure this game out on our own"


Jacob- "Rrrr... "
Eric- "What in the world are you doing man? You don't eat the ball! Rookie"


Jacob- "Ha ha... Of coarse you don't eat it... I was just messin' with you!"


Eric- "I got your back dude!"
Jake- "I'll play short stop... but I need a pinch runner... not so good on the feet yet!"


Eric- " Where did all those ball players come from?"
Jacob- "you gotta stop quoting baseball movies man"
Eric- "Oh- I could do this all day... I'm just getting started"


Megan- "Those two kill me! They don't even know what they're talking about"


Flagler Beach
Last weekend we headed out of town for a quick trip to the beach. It has been so nice out... and Megan wanted to play in the sand. Kev had to work later on Friday... so I decided to go over early with the kiddos.
My friend Jenna from work, and her son Ethan, came over with us in the morning to keep us company until Kevin got there.


Jenna and Ethan... 1 1/2 years old... first trip to the beach!



Megan sat right down and started digging! She loves the sand!


"So you dig first... then put it in the bucket"



This is Jake's 3rd trip to the ocean. He seems to love it too! I love my little man!


Time to get wet!


Megan- "Why don't you go in first... and let me know how it goes!"
Ethan- "No thanks... I'll just hold your hand if you don't mind"


Jenna had a good time sharing another "FIRST" with her baby boy!



I let Jake bury his feet in the wet sand... he had know idea what was going on.
He didn't seem to mind.


Megan and I braved the cold pool water! It was very refreshing. She made friends with all the geriatrics at the pool... including a 91 yr. old man who looked like the old man in the sea... an old lady doing aquatic exercise... and then pushed another old lady's walker around the pool. (Poor lady just stood there by the edge of the pool waiting for Megan to bring it back)

"My Guys"


"It's mini me"


Hey... keep your hands off Jake... he's mine too!


"A ride out on the boat"


Gammie was over for the weekend to see the Gross's. She stayed over in their condo... while we got away as a family. It was fun getting out on the boat together. It was Jake's first time on a boat and maybe even Megan's?


He zoned out for the ride!... and eventually passed out completely!

Megan got to captain the boat for a bit!


Megan and I got to spend some time alone together on Saturday evening. Kevin stayed back while Jake napped... and she and I headed down to the ocean to fly a kite!


We ended up getting a bit wet too!



"Oops! I broke the tail off"



"Cook out!"

Megan helped her Daddy grill steaks!




Cute shirt! "Daddy's little wingman!"
We had a great time getting away for the weekend.
Thanks for taking us to the beach Dad!

1 comment:

Whitlocks said...

Jake and Eric looked adorable in their baseball jerseys. They are gonna grow up great friends. Your beach weekend looked like so much fun. Glad you could get away and have some family time. Miis you guys.
-Katie