Friday, April 30, 2010

3 Fingers!


We can't believe our little one is already 3!
About a month ago Megan got really into Beauty and the Beast.
She LOVES to watch it!
I decided a Princess party would probably be fun for her.
So... I started making her Belle dress.
One day she woke up from her nap and saw I had the sewing machine out with all of the material buttons for her dress...
and she said without skipping a beat (with a lot of concern)...

"But we don't have any mice?!!?"
You see... she LOVES Cinderella... especially where the mice make her pretty dress for her.
She then said with a smile...

"That's okay... Mommy can do it!"
so... I did!

She was a good girl and let me do her hair too! It really only took about 15 minutes. She played with her Belle doll... did her makeup... and ate a snack.

I wanted to put this picture in of her getting dolled up... but knew Kevin would freak out cause she was in her "birthday suit!"
So... I improvised and made her an outfit on paint.



Kevin put up a Castle wall with all the Princesses on it!

"Princess Belle"

Our Family... on Megan's Birthday! April 25, 2010... 3 Years old!
All of a sudden... Megan was really into smooching a little Prince or two! I guess 3 is too young to realize you don't kiss your cousins... or brother like that! Notice Olivia in the background... she's thinking "Yuck"

She loves smoochin' on her baby brother!

Megan with Aunt Steph and Freas cousins

"It's party time"
Megan loved all of her presents! She got tons of great gifts...
including movies, babies, clothes, princess stuff, crafts, stickers, watering can, bounce house, train tracks, leap frog, outdoor swing, a big girl bike and more.
But... I think the most practical were the box of Cheddar Cheese Chex Mix... and her very own dust buster. My sister calls her "Messy Marvin"... and rightfully so.


I stole a kiss from my little princess too. (Hmmm... maybe she gets the kissing from her Mama?)

Kate (neighbor) and Olivia (cousin) showed up as Cinderella!

"Ahh... just what I wanted!"

The kiddos were excited to pitch in and open presents too!

Princess Belle was checking out the prickly thorns on the rose.

The kids were so excited when Nana and B-pa brought in the bouquet of balloons.

(aside from getting stuck in the fan "3" different times... they were a big hit)


Megan's Princess Cake...
Made by Mommy!

Megan- "Hmm... I think I'll just take a big scoop of icing right out of the side."

I decorated the cake with a Beauty and the Beast theme...

"... Happy Birthday to you!" ... time to blow out the candles!


Megan only wanted to pull Mrs. Potts off the cake so she could lick the icing.

(We were missing one Prince (cousin Samuel had already headed home)
... but here are the others)
We were trying to keep it a "Princess party"
... and weren't sure how a few baby boys were gonna fit in...
the crown craft was an attempt to dress them up without their knowing)

Eric- "Hey Jake give me my crown back!
Eric- "I'm not kidding... give it back!


Eric- "Mom... Jake won't give me my crown back!"
"This princess party stuff STINKS!"

It was a real rain storm outside... so we had to keep the "outdoor party" INDOORS.
Nae, Chris, Kev and I

The kids had fun playing "Pin Cinderella in her room" instead of Pin the tail on the donkey.
They were re-usable stickers of Cinderella in her tower.
Megan LOVES stickers. I didn't blind fold her... but made the older ones close em'.


After the crowd left... Kevin and I brought out our present for Megan.
"A new bike!"
She hopped on and rode it all over the house.


3 comments:

JK Williams said...

Beautiful dress and even more beautiful big girl Megan!

The Watts Family said...

You are the most creative SUPER MOM! What a lucky belle.

Jen said...

Great pictures! All of mine turned out reddish. Maybe from the fans?