Saturday, March 14, 2009

"... a BIG milestone in the Birkett home..."


Spring has arrived!
It's definitely Megan's BIG day!
We couldn't have asked for things to go any better.
She is officially taking her first nap in her big girl bed!
You know me... I always give the long version.
Here are some pics of whats been goin' on today.


... waking up from her LAST nap in her crib... Friday afternoon!


"Bye-Bye crib"


... last time waking up in her crib this morning.
Gammie and I sang her her "Goodmorning little sunshine" song... and pulled her out for the last time.
She was playing peek-a-boo through the slats!



The BIG event...
Daddy and Megan started taking apart the bed bright and early this morning. She was so excited to help out with the tools (loves playing with Daddy's tools)... that is until he actually took it apart.... and she cried a little. I think she was starting to get the whole idea. She was thinking... where the heck is all my furniture going?


She quickly got over it... when Daddy let her put it back together in "brother's" room.
"I think this piece should go here Daddy"



She loves the screwdriver! She's actually pretty handy with the tools!


She was watching every move... the delivery men made.
We sat outside and watched them unload the "BIG blue truck".
When they left she said... "bye-bye two men"!
I didn't know she new who "men" were.



we tried to stay out of the way while the brought in all the new furniture. She had a ball playing peek-a-boo around the oak tree... until she grabbed a hold of the huge glob of dripping sap on the tree behind her. (what a mess)


She ran straight into her bedroom... and climbed onto her new mattress!
She loved it!
She kept saying "night night."
She had to keep climbing up between Kev and I trying to put the mattress pad and sheets on. Now the big question... "will she stay in it long enough to sleep?"


This is her tree... finally completed!!!!
I started painting it for her in the fall... and didn't get around to putting leaves on it till just now.
Just in time for spring!
I painted Kevin and my initials in the trunk...
and she points to it saying "Mommy - Daddy - tree".
It was nice to finally see some furniture in there.


The furniture turned out great! We love it... thanks to Nana and B-pa!
They bought her big girl bed for her birthday (next month)... and the armoire for a very early Christmas present... since it was being delivered together.

"Here's Megan's BIG GIRL bed!"
I love the rug we found on a whim at target. It matched the tree perfectly.


Hooray! check out my new "crib"... "I'm a BIG girl now!"
Megan is very greatful... "Thanks Nana and B-pa"

2 comments:

Whitlocks said...

How fun! Megan's room looks great. Let us know if she stays in her big girl bed. I'm sure baby boy's room will be just as cute. Miss you guys.
-Katie

Jen said...

It looks very grown-up. Great Job!